Need Help? Have Questions?
Chat now with a live representative.
Or, call 763-354-2776
What is Tasteocracy doing to minimize the risk of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Both Minnesota and California are under shelter-in-place restrictions. Although our testing schedule and procedures have been modified, Tasteocracy is considered an Essential Business, and will be conducting some taste tests during this time. Here are some of the steps we've taken to minimize the risk to our testers and staff:
Actions by Tasteocracy staff:
- When you arrive for a test you will be instructed to first wash your hands with soap and water in the restroom on site.
- We are using a new process for completing the Participant Release form and rescreener so to eliminate the touching and passing of paper work between staff and testers. One less way for germs to transfer to one another!
- We have changed our seating process so to maintain the required 6 feet of spacing. After checking in you will be allowed to sit at your testing spot right away (rather than gathering in the lobby) and the testing room will be reconfigured so that all seats are a minimum of the required 6 feet apart. The image at the top of this page shows our testing stations 6 feet apart from each other. Our sessions will be smaller than usual, to ensure safe social distancing.
- We will also be utilizing a new clean-up process both between serves and at the end of the session. You will be asked to help clear your serve area.
- We are strengthening the disinfectant used to clean the serve/seating areas to the strength recommended by the CDC (1/3 cup bleach per 1 gallon water). This disinfectant will be used to wipe down every iPad, table, chair, divider, and pen.
- All Tasteocracy employees will stay home from work if they themselves, or someone with whom they have had close contact, show any symptoms of illness. If an employee starts to show symptoms at a test, they will be asked to go home immediately and the appropriate surfaces will be cleaned.
- All Tasteocracy employees will have their oral temperature taken before coming to the office/testing site. If oral temp is 100 degrees F or higher, they are required to stay at home and will not be allowed onto the premises.
How YOU can help:
- If you are sick or having any symptoms such as a cough, please stay home.
- If you are sick and cannot attend your test, you will not be penalized in any way. Just give us as much notice as possible, then rest up and feel better soon!
- If you come on site and are showing symptoms of illness, we will insist that you return home and will not seat you for the test.
- During this period of heightened concern, our surveys (both prior to the test and at check-in) will include questions about:
- Where you, or others with whom you have had close contact, have travelled in the past 14 days.
- If you are having any symptoms common with COVID-19 (cough, fever, shortness of breath).
- If you have been in close contact with anyone demonstrating symptoms of, diagnosed with, or at known risk of COVID-19.
- Thank you for your patience and for honestly answering these additional health screening questions.
Handwashing is the best way to protect yourself and others to prevent the spread of illness. When you come on site for a test, we will insist that you either use the provided hand sanitizer or wash your hands in the restroom prior to signing in and participating in the test.
We thank you in advance for doing your part to keep yourself and those around you safe and healthy. Please take care of yourselves and check on those around you who may need a little extra help. We'll all get through this together!
Your Tasteocracy Team